Basically, I'm stealing this idea from Katy, a friend of mine whose blog I apparently stalk. In this post, I'm going to tell you internet people all about me...probably. I may get distracted, and I tend to ramble on about nothing in particular. Focus, Becca, focus!
Okay, so let's start with the basics. My name is Becca, I live in England, and I'm 16 years old. I have two parents of opposing genders. Their names are Nicky and Ken (cue the barbie jokes). I also have a brother and a sister, both younger than me. My sister is currently in training as a drama queen, and my brother as an assassin. Or at least, that's how it seems. Let's just say I get shouted and screamed at a lot, and 'shot' and 'stabbed' too. I have two adorable cats, Emily and Saffy. Emily is a ginger tabby, and Saffy is black, with a white tummy, paws, and bib. Also, one of the pads on her feet is pink as opposed to brown, which looks so cute! My cats have a tendency to sleep in very odd positions, such as up-the-wall, or head-under-crotch.
I live on the outskirts of a little village, fifteen minutes by car from the nearest town of any decent size. Well, when I say village, it's a bit odd really. We have a lot of fields in the middle of a triangle of roads. Most of the houses are concentrated on one side of the triangle, with the village C of E church, and the primary school (more about that later). I live the opposite end of the triangle. In my village, we also have two very swish hotels, one of which hosted the G20. (Get us!) Also, we have a big garden thingy, with wallabies. It is currently open to the public, and owned by my sister's friend's family. However, they're selling it to some person, whose going to make it private.
Okay, now for the primary school. Imagine the smallest school you can. No, smaller than that. The biggest number of pupils we had was 102. In the whole school. There are a total of 11 people who work there, and I think there're currently around 90 pupils, including my sister. There are a grand total of four classrooms, one for reception, one for years 1 & 2, one for years 3 & 4, and one for years 5 & 6. Well, I say classrooms. Most of these are huts, separate from the school building. Back in my day (and I feel old just saying that) reception was in the main building,along with 'top class' (years 5 & 6). Now, apparently, the reception classroom is one of the huts, what used to be the staffroom, which is now where the kitchen used to be. (Yes, I had hot meals at primary school. And they were awful.)
While in primary school, my life was dominated by a girl I will now refer to as Ginger. It's a good description, and is close to her surname. She was my friend, if by friend you include people who force you to play with them and only them. But I digress. She left at the end of year four, and immediately was replaced by another girl, who was in the year below me. At my primary school, lots of people from different years were friends, as you share classes with the different years. This second girl was more lenient, and she allowed me to include others in our games. However, she and her mum moved to Washington, (not DC) and so at last I was free of tyranny.
The school I am now at absolutely terrified me when I first arrived in year seven. Imagine this; I had gone previously to a school where 100 was a lot of pupils for the entire school, to one where there was an average of 300 students in each of the five years. It is an all-girls school, and three of the other girls who went to my primary school came with me. One of whom (and her twin) I see daily, the other two not so much. Next school year I'm leaving this school to go do my A-levels. Most of the people from my school are going to the local college. I, on the other hand, am going to a private school in the area, along with one other girl from my year, who I do not know. Fun fun fun!
Next time: a more detailed description of my current school
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ooh you idea theif ;)
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted to read into the life of Becca :)