Warning - in this blog I'll be talking about religion! Dundundun!!
...just thought I'd get that out of the way, in case any of you inter-people are all anti-religious-Dawkin-type peoples.
Anyway; my religion. I go to church in the local town, I'm a United Reformed Churcher, and alas my church has no name. :'( It's just Horsham URC (yes, that's the name of the town.) So instead of a name, it's 'the church with the new glass front' (we have Christian fish-ichthus thingys on it!), or 'the church opposite St. John's' (a Catholic church. And I do mean, literally opposite.) or if you don't know where that is, it's 'you know where McDonalds is in Horsham? Well, you go opposite from the way to Sainsbury's, and there're two churches. Ours is the one that looks more like an office building'.
So: United Reformed. We're protestants (and yes, that's a type of Christian. There are lots, believe me!), and the church is filled with old people. I mean this in the nicest way, but yeah. My dad is 53, and he's one of the younger adults. I kid you not.
We used to have more young people; I can remember when there were three different Sunday School 'classes', for goodness sakes!...but then stuff happened, and everyone moved away. I don't really want to go into details, but it wasn't good stuff.
I recently (end of '09's summer hols) went on a fantabulous Christian camp, called Soul Survivor. Basically, there's this huuuuuge tent (bigger than the carfax, for those few of you who know Horsham. And that's a big tent, trust me.) which gets filled with young people in the morning and in the evening. And by young people I mean 13-19 year olds (and a few adults). Basically, we spend this time in the tent singing Christian rock songs at the top of our voices, to the accompaniment of a band on a stage in the middle. We then have a teachy bit, followed by a prayer bit, then it's back to singing (yay!) Soul Survivor is, as I've already said, fantabulous, but seriously guys, it's amazing.
Now, enough about that, and onto stuff I actually believe, as far as the whole 'Christianity' thing is concerned. Yes, Jesus was the son of God. He died for us, then came back again coz he's awesome. Adam and Eve didn't exist, they were a way of explaining evolution to the people back in the day. Noah is possible, but I doubt it. God created the Earth, the sun, and all the rest of it, with the Big Bang. I know, the unbelieveable! But yeah, I believe in both. As to why we exist: well, tbh, I don't actually care all that much. We're here now, and that's the main thing. Is there life after death? Yes.
And now I'll leave you with this thought: women, bananas, and volcanoes are all similar. Work it out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment