Monday, 1 February 2010

Poetry Live

At poetry live, while we were supposed to be listening to poets, we in the back row made up our 'own' poems, by putting our iPods on shuffle and writing down the first line of each successive song. So here's my funky, completely nonsensical poem.

Candle in the Wind

Goodbye Norma Jean, though I never knew you at all;
As I woke this evening with the smell of woodsmoke clinging

Fortune has me well in hand
Little China girl.

Levon wears his war-wound like a crown;
Captain Fantastic, raised and regimented.

Me with the floor show you with the torso
Buddy you're a boy make a big noise
Please allow me to introduce myself

She was a horrorful groove

Don't touch me now

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
Has anybody here seen Razorface?

It started off so well
I had this perfect dream
I'm gonna tell you how it's gonna be
There's no time for us,
I want her so bad.


And another one;

We Are The Champions

I paid my dues time after time
It's a little bit funny
To pack my bags at night
Taken to the floor

Flash! A-ah! Savior of the Universe!

Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see

Save me from drowning in the sea
I'm the invisible man
That night her kiss told me it was over
And I come riding once again.

Oooooh take a piece of my heart
Sometimes I feel I'm gonna break down and cry
What do I gotta do to make you love me?
She would never say where she came from
You can never know what it's like

Hey baby, it's crime time

There's a calm surrender to the rush of day
I want to break free
Let's dance
What a drag it is getting old
Oh yes I'm the great pretender


...well that made no sense at all; John Agart would be proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment