Friday, 11 June 2010

"Family" dinner

Picture this. Our family is having dinner. My brother and I are sitting opposite each other, and mum and dad are at opposite ends of the table. They are having a discussion about my brother, and whether or not he's going to attend a prize-giving thing for football, where he's not actually getting a prize. Mum is repeatedly saying that he doesn't want to go, and dad is saying that he should go. Meawhile, my brother and I are just trying to eat dinner.

The discussion moves from this to what's going to happen on Sunday. Dad's taking my brother to a football tournament, instead of going to church. Mum and dad are on duty (setting up everything before the service starts), so mum is saying dad can't not go. Dad says I'll do his share. (Bare in mind that my brother and I are still there, we're just being ignored.) Trying to lighten the atmosphere, I say "Why don't you ask her?" (meaning me). In response, Dad slams his hands down on the table, and states that 'everyone is always picking at him'.

I hate it when he's like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment